The MSCP sits within a prominent location in the city adjacent to the ring road and therefore acts as a landmark building. It was a challenging site with a limited footprint and low rise residential buildings to the north. It was vital to minimise overshadowing whilst still providing the 1000 parking spaces required. The resulting design allows natural light to pass through and also penetrate all levels with double height cantilevered decks and a central light well. This was achieved through close collaboration with the rest of the design team, particularly the structural engineer.